Tuesday, October 27, 2009

My Lovely One

It is today my lovely one, that you were born.
It is today that I first whispered a prayer for you.
It is today that God placed in my hands a soul to care for.
It is today that I held you in my arms.
It is today that fear left me and courage held my hand.

I never knew how much joy you would bring me.
I never knew how much energy I would need to keep with your fast pace.
I never knew how much I would need to be patient
But most of all,
I never knew how much you would bring me closer to my God
I never knew that every time I knelt to pray for you, God would answer my prayers.
I never knew how much I would be a better person, since you came into my life.
I never knew that being proud to have you, would make me a lovely mother.
Oh dear, I never knew

And your sweet love
When you kiss me on the cheek
When you say “I love you mum” before you go to bed
When you hug me when I get home from work
When I see how much progress you have made in school
When you tell me “this is big” and “this is small” by the measure of your hands

That’s when I know you that you are my angel.
That’s when I know that God sent you to rescue me
That’s when I know that that was God’s way of telling me “You are not alone”

Oh how can I explain?
Oh how can I let you know?
That you are, and will forever be MY SWEET LOVE.

By Cathy Mutune

No comments:

Post a Comment